Our team’s training aims at producing strong leadership in third and fourth year students. Basic training is carried out in the first year, with the second year providing specialization in a student’s chosen field.
Within the first year, a student learns
- How to manage basic finances
- Basic leadership skills
- Timeline and project management
- Rapid prototyping and client-oriented design
In the second year, students specialize into one of four fields: Mechanical, Electrical, or Public Relations All four fields learn how to manage and teach, along with specialized skills.
- Students in Mechanics learn:
- Project Design
- Component Machining
- Structural Analysis
- Rapid Problem Solving
- Students in Electronics learn:
- Circuit Design
- Proper Wire Sizing and Safety
- Basic Soldering
- Project Limitations
- Basic programming
- Students in Public Relations learn:
- Field Analysis and Game Strategies
- Basic Webmastering skills
- Finances and Fundraising
- Basic Graphic Design
Education and training is not limited to a student’s chosen field, e.g. a student in Electrical will frequently help mechanics with building the robot, or a student in Public Relations may learn LabView and HTML/CSS.